Charleston Bending Brace for Scoliosis
Purpose of the Device
- This brace is worn during sleep. It is molded to conform to the patient’s body while bending towards the convexity of the curve.
- There are several distinct advantages to the Charleston Bending Brace program, nearly all of which are related to the nightwear component:
- Allows full, unrestricted musculoskeletal development.
- Allows opportunity for athletic participation, if desired.
- Causes fewer and less severe complications.
- Delayed complications are negligible, since brace is worn less time than not.
- Results can be assessed without the customary long-term follow-up.
- Decision-making regarding success or failure of the program can be made earlier.